Monday, October 13, 2008

Books as artistic medium

(This image from thecobrasnake.com)

This is a funny place to start as it is essentially against the topic of this blog as I had originally intended. I first saw the use of books as artistic medium in a window display at Anthropologie downtown. (I will try and post an image soon.) When I say as artistic medium, I mean strictly that - using books as blocks of a sort for a larger design structure. The books are not accessible individually.

The intent of the blog is to assemble links and images of artists books and the related. The related may present itself more, as I am quite fascinated by the presentation of the book as an object, stripping the contents as representing the value of the book and focusing instead on the form, and manipulation of the form, of the book.


No comments: